Valediction for Joelle

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I have the chance to really be somebody, we think. 

This I consider my most salient feature. 
I speak to many people, like they're water
And I am a green glass soon to be beautiful though

Currently at an antepenultimate stage of truth. 
I am going to be new-agey next year, I can feel it.
An ominous tone as the observer comes into focus. 
A man in scrubs rubbing his hands together, wondering

If the existence of the system is merely a moral imperative 
From the point of view of totality, the same river
Thats flows beside the throne of God, the same, 
Side-tracked. Interested, so to speak, when you say

Rising early and returning quietly. Left watching Pawn Stars. 
The auditory flash-forward forestalls suspense and represents 
With an equal disregard for tragic overtones
 An American tragedy whose subjects have been absorbed, 

Bit by bit. I feel so hedonistic, surfing and scattered. 
Your child is missing. Where are you taking that train.
The Lake Shore North has been closed; anyways,
It's not my car. We have become one flesh

And the flesh is you. The proper entity of comparison
Is the world. Trying to contain them so 
To beat them later, I guess. Wisconsin to Chicago
To Austin to Houston then north again. 

0 comments: